Personal Finding On Sun Care #1: Innisfree Water Base UV Protection Review

If I could manipulate time, I would go back to my teenage time when I used to exposed to the Sun everyday without using a sunblock! I played basketball under the Sun (without any shade and sunblock) almost everyday after school around 3pm-6pm when I was a teenager. At age of 25<AGE<30, I am paying for what I have done back then. My skin is now starting to sag due to long exposure of UV rays when I was young and naive. UV damage will accelerate skin aging! I wish there's someone to warn me that UV rays can damage your skin and cause your skin ages faster. I learned to know this fact quite late and I am trying to do whatever I can to slow it down. I can see the difference of the skin conditions with my friends who are same age as me now, even though I am not 30 years' old yet (aging normally starts around 30+ year's old). My laugh lines are now fairly visible even though I am not smiling now! I try to get enough sleep, do exercise (at least 45 min/day) almost everyday and eat quite healthily, my skin looks older compared to same age friends who love to clubbing and drink 😞. So..

Attn to young ladies out there: Please put on sunblock whenever you are leaving your home!!

Enough for the grandmother story, I would like to share my experience and opinion on Innisfree water base sunblock today! They are 

  1. Innisfree Extreme UV Protection Gel Lotion 60 Water Base SPF50+ PA+++
  2. Innisfree Perfect UV Protection Essence Water Base SPF50+ PA+++


I used them as the last step of my daily AM skin care routine.

Both of the sunblocks claim to be moisturizing and refreshing as advertised. The photo below shows the texture of the Perfect UV Protection Essence. As I have just finished using the Extreme UV Protection Gel Lotion recently, I forgot to take a picture of the texture of it, but they are almost the same. The only difference is the Extreme UV Protection Gel Lotion is whiter than the Perfect UV Protection Essence.


It is quite watery and can be spread easily.


After spreading it, the skin looks shiny.


My conclusion based on my own experience for using them for 9 months is, these are not suitable for oily skin, at least for me who has oily/combination skin. Do you know the suffer and embarrassment of an oily skin person to live in a tropical country where it is hot throughout the year? I applied it in the early morning around 7am and my face is as oily as I can use the oil to fry an egg around 11am!  My skin is already oily and this is making my face looks super oily!!! I don't know how did I use it for around 9 months?! The portion that I used is very tiny as it is considered very oily for me but it is WRONG! Many studies claim that you need to use sufficient amount of sunblock in order for the sunblock to work as it is labelled (SPF50+ PA+++). 

One thing that I am happy with them is that although it is so oily for me, but it does not cause breakout! My skin is actually acne prone and very sensitive (I suffer from Eczema). So yeah, something good to know. 

The scent of the Perfect UV Protection Essence is kind of rich floral scent but it is not sickeningly sweet. As for the Extreme UV Protection Gel Lotion, I personally feel that it smells like some kind of chemical although it also has light floral scent.

I am using them as my body sunblock now as I do not want to waste them.The feeling of applying them on my legs and arms are like applying thick lotion on the skin. I am still on my way to discover a suitable and safe sunblock for my oily skin (trying out mineral/physical sunscreen now), will update you guys soon! Stay tuned! 

Repurchase: Never
Recommend: I will think twice.....

Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, I bought the products with my own money and reviewed based on own experience.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the information. I think in countries like Pakistan where summer is very hot, sunscreen is the most important product of skincare routine. Using the spf70+ best sunscreen in Pakistan avoid skin damage due to UV rays of sun light and stop pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yungo Dr. Groot Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo Review

AHA & BHA